Learning Disability Awareness
This Learning disability awareness course highlights that learning disabilities, however they are acquired, are lifelong. Learning disabilities are neurological disabilities and as such affect how an individual understands and remembers information, how they learn and communicate. People can be born with learning disabilities or they may acquire them later in life.
There are many differing types of learning difficulty and they can exhibit in many different ways and with many different characteristics.
This course will start by giving you an overview of some of the common types and causes of learning disabilities and how they affect people. It will touch on how a person centred approach to care will get the best results and look at how management must perform, and at the needs of the individual. It will also discuss overcoming the stigma attached to learning disabilities and much more.
Course syllabus includes:
- Learning Disabilities: the Basics
- New Understanding
- Person-centred Approach
- Meeting Needs
- Legal Framework, Opportunities and Safeguarding
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The Learning Disability Awareness course includes around 50 minutes of video lead learning.
- The course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Learning Disability Awareness course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries. Candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Learning Disability Awareness course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.