A leader doesn’t necessarily have to be a ‘manager’, but it’s difficult to see how a manager could be truly effective without having at least some leadership skills. A strong leader will motivate their team, improving morale and efficiency and ensure that their team is of a common purpose.
This course starts by introducing the basics of leadership and explores where the concept originated from. It then goes on to discuss various leadership theories, including situational leadership, contingency theories, transactional and transformational leadership and more. It then moves on to discuss developing teams including and team members by looking at the role leaders play in this. The final two modules cover the role communication plays in effective leadership and finishes off with a module about moving forward together to achieve a shared vision.
This course is aimed at supervisors and managers that want to develop more effective relationships with members of their teams. The course can be a great starting point for people new to their leadership role as well as more established managers that want to enhance their skills. This acts as a great introduction to the subject.
For candidates that want to add more qualifications to their CV our Introduction to Emotional Intelligence course is a great introduction to that aspect of Leadership and management. For candidates specifically interested in developing resilient teams our Developing Teamwork course goes hand in hand with this one and expands on some of the key ideas and how they can be applied to teams. For candidates new to management roles Managing Meetings would be a great next step although working through any of our range of business skills courses would be valuable.
CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves. ILM approval means that this course can provide candidates with a recognised management qualification.
Course syllabus includes:
- Leadership and Management
- Leadership Theories
- Team Development and Leadership
- Individuals Within Teams
- Communicating One-to-One with Individuals
- Moving Forward Together
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 90 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Leadership Skills course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Leadership Skills course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Leadership Skills course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.