Introduction to Personal Safety for Lone Workers E-Learning
This IRSM & CPD approved course acts as an introduction to personal safety for lone workers and applies to those that work alone within business premises, mobile workers and homeworkers.
Every day, thousands of people are exposed to situations where they are left alone in work premises, or when visiting members of the public during their working day. There are many risks associated with working in isolation and without the support of colleagues, including accidents and violence. The course covers the legal responsibilities of both employers and employees, some of the common security precautions that can be implemented, practical steps you can take to avoid conflict in lone worker situations and other elements that can contribute to lone worker safety.
Course syllabus includes:
- Lone Worker Personal Safety: The Basics
- The Law: Responsibilities
- Assessing the Risks
- Personal Safety Solutions
- Practical Tips to Avoid Conflict
- Reporting and Recording Incidents
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 1 years. We strongly recommend that you revisit your training after 1 year so as to maintain a safe workspace.
- This awareness course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This Introduction to personal safety for lone workers course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This Introduction to personal safety for lone workers course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.