Introduction to Nutrition and Hydration
This Introduction to Nutrition and Hydration course starts by defining the various terms used when talking about nutrition and hydration in care environments. It looks at the basic elements of nutrition and eating a healthy balanced diet. It identifies the reasons why vulnerable people might suffer with dehydration. It goes on to provide you with the tools that you can use to identify people that are at risk of malnutrition and the steps you can take to deal with this condition.
If you are part of a team responsible for people’s nutrition and hydration, it’s important that you understand the terms that are being used, the nutritional requirements of the service users and the possible consequences of getting it wrong.
Course syllabus includes:
- The Course Structure
- Defining the Terms
- The Eatwell Plate
- Through-life Nutrition
- Malnutrition and Overnutrition
- The ‘Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool’
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 65 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Introduction to Nutrition and Hydration course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Introduction to Nutrition and Hydration course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Introduction to Nutrition and Hydration course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.