Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that collectively establish how well you perceive and express yourself, maintain social relationships and cope with challenges. It’s not just a passing management fad, in fact it is based on a great body of data, based on studies of tens of thousands of working people taken from a wide range of industries. The research shows which qualities make a star performer and while Emotional Intelligence isn’t the sole predictor of performance potential, it has been proven to be a key indicator in this area.
This course will introduce the concept of emotional intelligence and look at how you can use it in effective and meaningful ways. It will examine the difference between emotional intelligence and IQ and dispel some of the myths surrounding emotional intelligence. It contains a sections on the advantages and disadvantages of using emotional intelligence and considers the biological purpose for emotions and how best to manage them. Finally it will highlight the role played by emotions in the workplace and provide practical advice including tips for using emotional intelligence to deal effectively with emotions in situations that can arise in the workplace.
This course is aimed at supervisors and managers that want to develop more effective relationships with members of their teams. The course can be a great starting point for people new to their
leadership role as well as more established managers that want to enhance their skills. This acts as a great introduction to the subject and covers the key concepts and theories relating to emotional intelligence.
CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.
For candidates that want to add more qualifications to their CV our Leadership Skills course is ILM approved and can provide them with another recognised management qualification. For candidates specifically interested in developing resilient teams our Developing Teamwork course goes hand in hand with this one and expands on some of the key ideas and how they can be applied to teams. For candidates new to management roles Managing Meetings would be a great next step although working through any of our range of Business Skills courses would be valuable.
Course syllabus includes:
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Understanding and recognising emotions
- Emotional Intelligence at work
- Tips for dealing with emotions at work
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 50 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Introduction to Emotional Intelligence course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Introduction to Emotional Intelligence course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Introduction to Emotional Intelligence course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.