Introduction to Duty of Care
This Introduction to Duty of Care course will give you an introduction to the concept of duty of care, cover how it affects your work, what to do if you come across a care dilemma and where to go for support or advice along with some practical examples of these types of situations.
The duty of care, is the requirement that all organisations and professionals who provide health and social care services, must put the interests of service users first.
Working in the health and social care sector, involves working with lots of different people with a variety of needs, dependencies, backgrounds and wishes.
As a care worker, you have a duty towards all the people you are involved with, during your working hours. This means you have to employ a reasonable level of care, to ensure they are kept safe from harm, abuse and injury.
Course syllabus includes:
- The Course Structure
- The Implications of Duty of Care
- How Duty of Care Affects Your Work
- Duty of Care Dilemmas
- Resolving Dilemmas: Support and Advice
- How to Respond to Complaints
Certificate in Introduction to Duty of Care:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 50 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Introduction to Duty of Care course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries. Candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Introduction to Duty of Care course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.