Introduction to Dignity and Privacy
The Introduction to Dignity and Privacy course is mandatory when working with service users in social care. Understanding what dignity and privacy are is a key attribute that you must have when working with people in a caring, supportive environment. The dignity and privacy course starts by defining the terms within the healthcare sector, and explains how the two are quite often linked.
The course will give you a range of useful professional tips about setting up the right working relationship with your service users. It also discusses some of the issues that can arise when dignity and privacy are not respected.
Ultimately, all service users must be treated with dignity and be given privacy.
Course syllabus includes:
- Overview of the course
- Understanding the Principles
- Dignity – Good Practice
- Privacy – Good Practice
- Overcoming Barriers to Dignity and Privacy
Certificate in Introduction to Dignity and Privacy:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The Introduction to Dignity and Privacy course includes around 50 minutes of video lead learning.
- The Introduction to Dignity and Privacy course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Introduction to Dignity and Privacy course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Introduction to Dignity and Privacy course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.