The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is designed to strengthen the principles of data protection for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. Since leaving the European Union, these regulations have become known as the UK-GDPR. Following their initial implementation, there have been incredibly important changes to data privacy regulations. So understanding the correct implementation of the UK-GDPR is vital for all businesses and organisations, and particularly for staff who regularly deal with personal data.
This online course is designed specially for those front line staff and provides a clear introduction to the main elements of the UK-GDPR, including compliance and the consequences of non-compliance. It explains the roles of key players – Data Protection Officers, Data Controllers, Data Protection Leads and Data Processors and covers the main categories of personal data, along with the six lawful bases for processing data, and how to audit the data your organisation holds.
This course is aimed at anyone who has access to personal data. This mainly applied to front line data processors but will also include HR personnel, supervisors and managers.
Understanding the reasons for and scope of the UK-GDPR can mean that data is handled professionally, securely and in compliance with the Law. This is a benefit for individuals and the company as a whole as it provides a level of confidence that things are being done correctly and protection from potential legal issues.
CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.
If this course is used as part of employee induction then it can be bundled with other health and safety courses such as DSE Awareness or Basic Fire Safety. For those doing this course to improve themselves we have a wide range of other business skills courses that could further enhance their abilities and knowledge. These include Managing meetings, Time Management and Stress Awareness.
Course syllabus includes:
- Data Processing
- Types of Data
- Data Subjects’ Rights
- Data Breaches
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 60 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Introducing UK-GDPR course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Introducing UK-GDPR course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Introducing UK-GDPR course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.