Infection Control for Childhood Settings (E-Learning)
The Infection Control in Childhood Settings e-learning course provides all staff working with children with an understanding of how infections including COVID-19 are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
It has been developed in line with national infection control guidelines including Public Health England/Scotland/Wales, the HSE, the Department for Education and the EYFS.
The aim of the course is to provide staff working with children with an understanding of how infections including COVID-19 are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
With interactive quizzes, video and audio features, the course appeals to all learning styles. The course also provides a very thorough resource for those with English as a second language to equip them with the vocabulary, language skills and confidence to pass a practical course.
Infection Control in Childhood Settings – Course syllabus includes:
- Infection Prevention and Control of Germs
- Sources of Infection
- Susceptible People
- Common Childhood Infections and Infections In Pregnancy
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Infection Control Risk Assessment
- Covid-19 Risks Assessment – Points To Consider
- What to do if someone has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
- When Should Staff Wash Their Hands?
- Teaching Children To Wash Their Hands Properly
- Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning Facilities and Equipment
- Cleaning Toys and Equipment
- Nappy Changing, Potties and Toilets
- Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
- Managing Waste Safely
- Reporting and Recording Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Infection Control in Childhood Settings – Certificate:
- You’ll receive your Infection Control in Childhood Settings certificate as a pdf document, downloadable after you have finished the course.
- The course will typically take between 2-3 hours to complete.
- There are several short multiple choice tests throughout the course, plus an end of course test.
- This course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however the course content has been developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Being an online course, the course can be run from anywhere. Perfect for studying at home!
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the Infection Control in Childhood Settings e-learning course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.