Health and Safety in a Care Setting
Care homes are owned and managed by a wide range of organisations, including local authorities, the NHS, and organisations from the private and voluntary sectors. They differ from other workplaces because they are not only places of work; they are also homes for their residents.
They should be places where the dignity and freedom of the residents is respected, and where everyone’s health and safety is managed effectively. To achieve this, everyone involved must understand their responsibilities.
This course discusses the legislation that applies to care homes, the responsibilities of management and employees and looks at developing systems of work. It also covers what to do in some common hazards you might encounter as well as some Emergency situations. It concludes by discussing some aspects of the work environment and staff welfare.
The course is aimed at anyone working in the care sector and should act as an introduction to health and safety in their place of work. As this course covers a wide range of health and safety situations, the course provides a strong basis to further build on with more training. CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually
Other courses in our Health and Social Care suite compliment this one and when combined can form the basis for the candidates work towards achieving their Care Certificate.
Course syllabus includes:
- Accidents and Illness
- Moving and Handling
- General Hazards: Fires, Gas and Electricity
- Aggression, Violence, Security and Stress
- Work Environment and Welfare
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 80 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Health and Safety in a Care Setting course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Health and Safety in a Care Setting course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Health and Safety in a Care Setting course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.