Handling Information in a Care Setting
Confidentiality and correctly handling personal information in a care setting are vital for trusting relationships. A breach in this may lead to a service user becoming unwilling to cooperate with their care providers. When working in a care setting it is so important to build positive relationships with care users.
This course provides an introduction to the concept of handling information in care settings. The course will cover the important role confidentiality plays in developing trusting relationships with the people in your care and it will define key terms such as ‘need to know’ and ‘consent’.
At the end of the course you will understand the need for secure handling of information and you will know how to access support if you have any questions regarding access to information. The course also touches on the legislation that is in place relating to the handling and storing of information and the obligations each person has under these laws.
Course syllabus includes:
- Putting it Into Practice
Certificate in Handling Information in a Care Setting:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The Handling Information in a Care Setting course includes around 20 minutes of video lead learning.
- The Handling Information in a Care Setting course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Handling Information in a Care Setting course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Handling Information in a Care Setting course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.