First Aid Annual Skills Update
This 3 hour First Aid Annual Skills Update course covers the HSE’s required syllabus for first aiders annual skills update training. We also include anything else that learners want or need to cover to bring them up to date with the latest protocols (e.g. using tourniquets and defibrillators).
Course syllabus includes:
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Recognise & administer first aid to a casualty who is;
- unresponsive & breathing normally
- unresponsive & not breathing normally
- wounded and bleeding
- having a seizure
- suffering medical shock
- A4 sized paper certificates are issued for this course.
- Minimum of 3 guided learning hours.
- Practical assessments throughout the course & multiple choice test at the end.
- Attendees will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real activity environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore you must be physically capable of doing so.
- It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- The course is aimed at those over 16 who are looking to undertake the responsibilities associated with being a nominated first aider. The course can also be undertaken by candidates between 14 & 16 years old, but they shouldn’t be relied upon by employers to be a sole, nominated first aider.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where by negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however the course content has been developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire. You can download the joining instructions using the link included in your booking receipt email.
- Why not arrange to have a private courses run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.