Fire Safety Awareness Training for Care Homes (e-learning)
This online fire safety awareness training course is RoSPA, IFE & CPD Approved and is a cost effective way for employers to fulfil their legal obligation to provide their employees with the necessary understanding of fire awareness.
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff. Our online fire safety training courses are aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace.
This course will provide candidates with a general understanding of basic fire awareness including what should be done in the event of a fire, how to prevent a fire occurring and a basic introduction of the protocol of extinguishing a fire. This course is specifically for those working in care home settings.
Course syllabus includes:
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire?
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This Fire Safety Awareness Training for Care Homes course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Fire Safety Awareness Training for Care Homes course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.