Equality, Diversity and Discrimination
We’ve all heard and used the words ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’ before but what do they actually mean and how do they affect you as an employer or employee?
Well if you take the words on their own they are actually quite different, equality is the state of being equal, especially in rights and opportunities. Diversity is the state of being different or varied. However these 2 things should not be seen as opposite to each other, after all people can be different but they still have the same rights.
When it comes to places of work there is legislation in place to ensure that we all meet our responsibilities in relation to equality and diversity… And one way to make sure we meet these responsibilities is through training. This CPD approved course will guide you through the meanings of these terms & give you actionable tips on promoting equality & diversity within your workplace
Course syllabus includes:
- What is equality & diversity?
- Equality & diversity legislation
- What do we mean by discrimination?
- Promoting diversity
- Links between values, attitudes & beliefs
- Stereotypes, prejudices & discrimination
- Institutional discrimination
- Valuing others
- Resistance to feedback
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 70 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Equality, Diversity and Discrimination course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Equality, Diversity and Discrimination course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.