Employees, managers and directors should all have a good understanding of the threat posed by cyber-attacks and the importance of guarding against data breaches.
This short course explains why cyber attacks and data breaches happen and provides practical advice on how to set up effective defences. The course identifies potential ‘cyber threat actors’ who initiate cybercrime, along with looking at the main motivations behind cyber-attacks on individuals and organisations.
On a more practical level, you’ll learn how to recognise and deal effectively with phishing attempts. The course will highlight the importance of keeping passwords secure and cover security for devices, such as smartphones, laptops, tablets or desktop computers.
You’ll learn how to report a suspected cyber attack, and what to do if you genuinely make a mistake. Finally, it underlines the importance of cooperation and show how working closely together helps overcome a wide range of cybersecurity issues.
Training staff in cyber security is vital to protect your business from these ever present online threats. CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.
The course is aimed at employees at all levels of an organisation as it provides an overview of some of the most common cyber security threats encountered in business.
Course syllabus includes:
- Cyber Security – An Overview
- Combating Cyber Attacks
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 25 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Cyber Security course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Cyber Security course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Cyber Security course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.