COVID-19: Infection Prevention and Control for the Workplace (E-Learning)
The Covid-19: Infection Prevention and Control for the Workplace e-learning course provides all staff with an understanding of how infections including COVID-19 are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
It’s been developed in line with national infection control guidelines including Public Health England/Scotland/Wales, the HSE, the Department for Education and the EYFS.
The aim of the course is to provide all staff with an understanding of how infections, including COVID-19, are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
With interactive quizzes, video and audio features, the course appeals to all learning styles. The course also provides a very thorough resource for those with English as a second language to equip them with the vocabulary, language skills and confidence to pass a practical course.
Course syllabus includes:
- Infection prevention and control of germs
- Sources of infection
- Susceptible people
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Covid-19 risk assessment
- 5 step plan to working safely during coronavirus
- What to do if someone at work has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
- When should staff wash their hands?
- Coughs and sneezes spread diseases
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Face coverings
- Procedures for cleaning
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Cleaning premises and equipment
- Managing waste safely
- Useful Resources – including posters to display in your workplace
- You’ll receive your COVID-19: Infection Prevention and Control for the Workplace certificate as a pdf document, downloadable after you have finished the course.
- The course will provide you with 2 hours certifiable CPD points.
- The course will typically take between 2-3 hours to complete.
- There are several short multiple choice tests throughout the course, plus an end of course test.
- The Covid-19: Infection Prevention and Control for the Workplace course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however the course content has been developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Being an online course, the course can be run from anywhere. Perfect for studying at home!
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the COVID-19: Infection Prevention and Control for the Workplace e-learning course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.