Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
This Conflict Resolution in the Workplace course is aimed at supervisors and managers that want to develop effective conflict resolution methods.
The Confederation of British Industry estimates that the cost of workplace conflict is around £33 billion each year. It also estimates that up to 20% of leaders time is spent dealing with conflict and then there are the intangible costs such as reduction in loyalty, commitment, motivation, teamwork and morale.
This course starts by explaining what constitutes conflict in the workplace before moving on to look at some of the most common causes and the effects this can have on the workforce. It covers the stages and build up to a workplace conflict and contains several extensive modules that outline conflict resolution techniques that can be applied at any stage of this build up. As well as the negative impacts of conflict the course also explores how effective management of conflict can result in positive outcomes in the workplace.
These can be the development of shared ideas, the ability to reach compromises through increased trust and creating an environment where differences of opinion are celebrated and considered rather than shut down.
Left unmanaged workplace conflict can be damaging to relationships, team morale and ultimately the company’s bottom line. Having a knowledge of effective conflict resolution techniques and strategies and taking a proactive approach to resolving issues will lead to a better work environment and more effective teams.
The course can be a great starting point for people new to their leadership role as well as more established managers that want to enhance their skills. This acts as a great introduction to the subject and covers the key concepts and theories relating to conflict management. CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.
Beyond this topic we offer a range of other business skills courses that could all be useful in developing and improving as a manager. The ones that directly compliment this course include
Developing Teamwork and Introduction to Emotional Intelligence.
Course syllabus includes:
- The Causes and Symptoms of Conflict at Work
- Resolving Conflict
- The Five Conflict Modes
- Using the Modes
- Making Positive Outcomes
Certificate in Conflict Resolution in the Workplace:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 45 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Conflict Resolution in the Workplace course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- There are short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Conflict Resolution in the Workplace course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries. Candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Conflict Resolution in the Workplace course can be run on any electronic device. We recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.