Concussion in Sports Awareness Course
Concussion in Sports Awareness Course – Head injuries & concussions in sports are becoming a major topic amongst sports professionals & amateur clubs alike. However, players & coaches knowledge of what concussion is & how to recognise it are often incorrect.
This course will guide you through the ins & outs of the latest research & guidance relating to concussion & Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI’s), including what you can & should do pitch/ringside to recognise & begin treating concussion in players young & old.
Concussion in Sports Awareness Course Course syllabus includes
- What is concussion & how does it affect us?
- Second Impact Syndrome
- Concussion guidance protocols & pitch-side assessment
- Graduated return to play protocols for children and adults
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Concussion in Sports Awareness Course certificate issued by Chris Garland Training.
- 3 guided learning hours.
- There is a multiple choice question paper at the end of the course.
- It is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- The recommended minimum age to undertake this qualification is 16 years.
Concussion in Sports Awareness Course Candidates:
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where by negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- This qualification is available to candidates across the UK. Our concussion in sports awareness course can be delivered in other countries; however, candidates should be aware that the protocols meet current UK guidelines.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Private bookings at your venue are also available. Contact us to arrange a private booking for your club.
Concussion in Sports Awareness Course Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.