Combat Application Tourniquet
The combat application tourniquet is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the combat application tourniquet completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant haemorrhage.
The combat application tourniquet utilizes a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band, providing circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The tourniquets unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips that can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Windlass strap to document the application time as well as lock the windlass in place
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology®) provides visual cue during application
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective