British Judo Approved Basic First Aid for Judo Course
Our British Judo Approved Basic First Aid for Judo Course is for existing and prospective Judo coaches who need to undertake a basic first aid course.
Following successful completion of the course and assessments, the learner will receive the following course certificate which is valid for 3 years:
- Basic First Aid for Judo
British Judo Approved Basic First Aid Course syllabus includes:
- Understanding the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- use of available equipment
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Recognise & administer first aid, including primary survey, to a child or adult casualty who is/has;
- unresponsive & breathing normally
- unresponsive & not breathing normally
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints (including dislocations)
- suspected head or spinal injuries
- small cuts, grazes, bruises or blisters
- having a heart attack
- suffering medical shock
- an electric shock
- suffering the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Concussion in sports
- What is concussion & how does it affect us?
- Second Impact Syndrome
- Concussion guidance protocols & mat-side assessment
- Graduated return to play protocols
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
British Judo Approved Basic First Aid Certificate:
- Valid for 3 years.
- 6 guided learning hours.
- Practical assessments throughout the course.
British Judo Approved Basic First Aid Course Pre-requisites:
- You will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as you would in a real activity environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore you must be physically capable of doing so.
- It is recommended that you have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- This Basic First Aid for Judo course is aimed at those over 16 who are looking to undertake the responsibilities associated with being a nominated first aider. The course can also be undertaken by candidates between 14 & 16 years old, but they shouldn’t be relied upon by employers to be a sole, nominated first aider.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, where by negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- Our Basic First Aid for Judo course is available to candidates throughout the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however the course content has been developed in accordance with current UK practice.
- Scheduled courses run at our training centre in Knutsford, Cheshire.
- Why not arrange to have a private course run at your workplace? Simply fill in our quote builder tool to request a quotation.
British Judo Approved Basic First Aid Course Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private course for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.