BLS Annual Update For Primary Care (Blended Learning)
This BLS Annual Update For Primary Care (Blended Learning) course has been created specifically for clinical staff working in Primary Care settings. Typically these include GP’s, nurses and all healthcare professionals involved in clinical care. The course will allow healthcare professionals working in Primary care to develop their professional knowledge, understanding and competence in CPR/AED and medical emergencies, in line with CQC and Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines.
To start with, you will undertake a 1.5 hour online e-learning course. The online element can be completed on any PC or mobile device & you can study at your own pace, and log in and out as often as you wish. There are questions for you to undertake self-checks after each section of the course and there’s an end of course multiple choice assessment as well.
When you’ve successfully completed the multiple choice assessment, you’ll be able to download your certificate as evidence that you’ve completed and passed the course.
The practical side of the BLS Annual Update For Primary Care course is then undertaken, either at our training centre, or at your place of work. Our instructor/assessor will run through your knowledge and take you through the practical assessment element of your course.
This means that you can essentially keep your practice open, while colleagues undertake their practical assessments, one after the other.
The BLS Annual Update For Primary Care course syllabus includes the following;
- Understand your role and responsibilities as Primary Care clinicians in managing a medical emergency
- How to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively.
- Describe different types of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Explain the ABCDE approach to patient care
- Explain the difference between heart attack, angina and sudden cardiac arrest
- How to recognise the signs and symptoms & subsequently administer first aid to an infant, child or adult casualty who is;
- unresponsive & breathing normally (the recovery position),
- unresponsive & not breathing normally,
- Suffering anaphylactic shock
- Having a seizures
- The use of resuscitation barrier devices
- Oropharyngeal airways and why they benefit the airway
- The correct use of a bag valve mask
- Using an automated external defibrillator
- Post-resuscitation procedures
- The online element of this course can be completed on any PC or mobile device.
- Study at your own pace and log in and out as often as you wish. This allows you to work at your own pace, testing your knowledge as you progress through the course.
- The face-to-face element of the course is held either at your practice or at our training centre. This is by agreement when making your booking as the price varies accordingly.
- There are assessments throughout the online course & a practical assessment at your workplace during the practical element of the course.
- On successful completion of the online element of the BLS Annual Update For Primary Care course, you can download your certificate. The certificate can be used as verifiable CPD.
- The course is certified by The CPD Group and listed on the CPD Register, course number: 1005218.
- Verifiable CPD points: 2
- 3 hours in total:
- Approximately 1.5 hours online learning
- Approximately 1.5 hours guided learning & practical assessment
BLS Annual Update For Primary Care Course Pre-requisites:
- You’ll need to be physically capable of providing CPR to a mannequin on the floor & rolling someone into the recovery position.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: The BLS Annual Update For Primary Care course requires a minimum of 4 candidates per course. Should you have fewer to train, please contact us about a private course booking.
- Maximum: We limit the number of candidates that we can assess during the 1 hour practical session to 4, with a maximum through the day of 24 candidates.
- We recommend that the practical element of the course is held at your workplace. This allows your colleagues to train in the same environment as they would when providing these life saving skills. Simply contact us to arrange one at a mutually convenient date.
- We offer this BLS Annual Update For Primary Care course to candidates across the UK.
- Please note that the protocols described in the course meet the current UK guidelines. These might not be acceptable outside the UK.