Basic Life Support Course For Dentists
Our 3 hour Basic Life Support (Dentists) Course is the perfect way to help you and your practice colleagues comply with your annual CDP requirements. The General Dental Council (GDC) recommend that you do at least two hours of CPD in dealing with medical emergencies every year (& at least 10 hours in every CPD cycle).
Following the course you will receive a certificate issued by Chris Garland Training in compliance with the requirements of Schedule 1. 2(6)(a) & (b) of the GCD (CPD) Rules Order of Council 2017. The certificate will show that you have successfully completed the:
- Chris Garland Training Basic Life Support (Dentists) Course
Basic Life Support Course For Dentists syllabus includes:
- Conduct a primary survey of an adult, a child, an infant.
- Gaining consent from the conscious and unconscious casualty.
- Identify when there is the need to commence CPR & demonstrate CPR for an adult, child & an infant casualty.
- Demonstrate the use of an Automated External Defibrillator on an adult, child & an infant casualty.
- Select, assemble & demonstrate the use of Bag Valve Masks on an adult, child & an infant casualty.
- Demonstrate how to place an adult, child & an infant casualty into the recovery position.
- Identify when choking is mild or severe & demonstrate how to administer first aid to a choking adult, child or infant casualty.
- Recognise & demonstrate how to administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from hypovolaemic shock.
- Valid for 12 months.
Basic Life Support Course For Dentists Course duration:
- 3 guided learning hours.
- There are practical assessments throughout the course.
- You’ll need to be physically capable of providing CPR to a mannequin on the floor & in a typical Dentists chair.
- All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
- Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run. Click here for more details.
- Maximum: We are limited by the Health & Safety Executive, and where applicable by the Awarding Organisation, to a maximum of 12 candidates per instructor. Should you have more than 12 candidates that need to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course, whereby negotiation, we can arrange for a second instructor/assessor to be present to comply with this restriction.
- We offer this course to candidates across the UK and abroad. Please note that the protocols described in the course meet the current UK guidelines. These might not be acceptable outside the UK.
- Private bookings at your practice are strongly recommended as it allows your colleagues to train in the same environment that they would be providing these life-saving skills. Simply contact us to arrange one at a mutually convenient date.
- We also run this course at our training room in Knutsford, Cheshire. Your booking receipt will include a link for you to download the joining instructions, which includes a venue location map and suggestions on local public car parking.
Basic Life Support Course For Dentists Joining instructions:
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions.
- Where your course is not being run at our main training centre, you’ll also receive an email with additional joining instructions including the venue address.
- To arrange a private Basic Life Support Course For Dentists for yourself or your colleagues, please fill in our Quote Builder tool.
- Resuscitation Council UK: Primary dental care – Quality standards