Basic Legionella Management E-Learning
Legionella is a life-threatening bacterium which can be present in most environments where there is both natural and man-made water systems. Legionella training is essential when it comes to implementing effective risk management programme. Current legislation set out by the Health and Safety at Work Act along with the HSE’s updated code of practice known as L8, state that companies and building owners have a legal duty to manage Legionella.
Our interactive training course is aimed at all employers and staff to assist them in identifying the danger that Legionella poses, as well as covering ways to identify and assess sources of risk from Legionella on the premises. It also gives you enough knowledge to get a Legionella control programme off the ground yourself – or make confident, informed choices when commissioning others to take this on for you.
This course is primarily aimed at building and facilities managers and maintenance professionals that have nominated responsibilities for water systems. A lack of training and awareness of Legionella has been shown to be factors in many outbreaks of legionella. Having adequate training and carrying out appropriate checks can ensure water system safety.
The course is approved by ROSPA giving you peace of mind.
Course syllabus includes:
- What is Legionella?
- Risk Areas
- Risk Management
- Water System Monitoring
- Cooling System Awareness
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 1 years. We strongly recommend that you revisit your training after 1 year so as to maintain a safe workspace.
- This awareness course will take the average learner around 1.5 hours to complete.
- The legionella course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This legionella course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.