Asbestos Awareness for Architects and Designers E-Learning
This RoSPA & IATP approved asbestos awareness course is designed for anyone who may come into contact with asbestos in their work. Most commonly, that includes builders, plumbers, electricians, carpenters and other building related and maintenance trades.
The Asbestos Awareness for Architects and Designers course covers the same subjects as our Asbestos Awareness course with an additional module aimed specifically at architects and designers working with buildings that may contain asbestos. It provides information about the legislation governing asbestos in work and outlines the responsibilities of architects and designers.
Asbestos is probably the most dangerous building material ever used. Every year thousands of people fall ill and die because of exposure to asbestos and it was widely used by the construction industry right up until the year 2000.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) apply to employers, employees, self-employed persons and duty holders and cover all work with asbestos containing materials. Regulation 10 of CAR states that every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or disturb asbestos.
As well as informing candidates about the risks of working with asbestos, the course will deliver content to help them recognise asbestos containing materials, make them aware of where it was used, include steps they can take to minimise the risks and discuss the legislation that applies to working with asbestos.
Course syllabus includes:
- Properties and Risks of Asbestos Exposure
- Different Types of Asbestos
- Avoiding the Risks from Asbestos
- An Outline of Asbestos Legislation
- Content for Architects and Designers
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
- This awareness course will take the average learner around 1.5 hours to complete.
- This Asbestos Awareness Training course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 100% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- This Asbestos Awareness Training course is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.