Money-Laundering is a major criminal problem, worldwide. This course starts by defining money laundering and describing the ‘regulated sector’ as defined by the Proceeds of Crime Act.
The course discusses a number of money-laundering offences, including tax evasion, theft, fraud, bribery and the financing of terrorism. You’ll learn about some of the ‘red flags’ which could indicate illegal activity, and the connections between money-laundering and certain financial institutions. You’ll see how the regulated sector combats money-laundering through compliance, due diligence, and record-keeping.
Finally, the course examines the internal controls and monitoring used by companies to fight against money-laundering, including policy statements, effective reporting systems, and staff
This course is suitable for anyone working in an organisation that handles large amounts of money. It can also be used as an introduction to the subject for those working or planning to work in a regulated sector. Training staff in this area can be used as part of a company’s proof that they are actively working to identify and discourage money-laundering.
For candidates that want to add more qualifications to their CV our Leadership Skills and Developing Teamwork courses are ILM approved and can provide them with a recognised qualification. For candidates new to management roles Managing Meetings would be a great next step although working through any of our range of Business Skills courses would be valuable. For anyone working in the financial industry our Anti-Bribery and Corruption course would be a good further step as it explores in detail another financial crime and will show you some of the ways management and employees can reduce the risk of bribery and corruption in their organisations.
Course syllabus includes:
- The Law
- Due Diligence
- Internal Controls and Monitoring
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 50 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Anti-Money Laundering course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Anti-Money Laundering course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Anti-Money Laundering course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.