Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Acts of bribery and corrupt business practices are still an all to common part of business to business activity in the UK and Worldwide. Inducements can range from small ‘facilitation payments’ to gifts worth millions of pounds. They can come in many different forms and can sometimes be hard to track down.
This course examines some of the reasons why bribery and corruption occur as well as providing an overview of how common these practices are believed to be. It looks at how normal business activities, such as gifts, hospitality, sponsorship and donations, can be manipulated to become bribes. It goes on to cover the legislation that is in place both in the UK and Internationally and the severe penalties that can be brought against someone found to be acting a corrupt way. It also looks at the effects of bribery at a national level, including corruption in state-owned enterprises and governments, worldwide. Finally, on a more practical level, it will show you some of the ways management and employees can reduce the risk of bribery and corruption in their organisations, particularly through anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies.
The course content is aimed at employees at all levels of an organisation that may encounter bribery or corrupt working practices. Training staff in this area can be used as part of a companies proof that they are actively working to discourage corrupt working practices. Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
For candidates that want to add more qualifications to their CV our Leadership Skills and Developing Teamwork courses are ILM approved and can provide them with a recognised qualification. For candidates new to management roles Managing Meetings would be a great next step although working through any of our range of Business Skills courses would be valuable.
Course syllabus includes:
- Why Corruption and Bribery Occur
- The UK Bribery Act 2010
- Reducing the Risk: Management
- ISO 37001 and Employee Responsibilities
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- The course includes around 50 minutes of video lead learning.
- This Anti-Bribery and Corruption course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% in each of the modules to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade D/Level 1) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The Anti-Bribery and Corruption course is available to candidates in the UK.
- The course can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- The Anti-Bribery and Corruption course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.