Achieving Level 5 Food Hygiene Rating
In December 2008 the Food Standards Agency agreed a National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme. It is now running in all areas of Wales, Northern Ireland and in 99% of England.
In practice the food hygiene rating scheme is designed to ensure that businesses that are broadly compliant with food law and are managing food safety risks will receive a rating of three … and those who are managing the risk well will receive a rating of four or five. However, significant lapses in any of the scoring criteria can also have a significant effect on the rating.
This course is intended to give you an overview of how the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme works, what the scoring criteria are and how these are assessed by the inspectors, the appeals process, the Safer Food Better Business management system, E-Coli and concludes with some practical advice for ensuring your premises gets the best score possible.
Course syllabus includes:
- Food Hygiene Ratings –An Introduction
- Scoring Criteria
- Safer Food Better Business (SFBB)
- Good Hygiene Structure and Cleaning
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- This food hygiene rating awareness course will take the average learner around 1 hour to complete.
- This course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The qualification is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.