Abrasive Wheels Awareness E-Learning
This Abrasive Wheels Awareness E-Learning is an IIRSM& CPD approved course, which is aimed at anyone who uses abrasive wheels. It is also for company’s that employs people who use abrasive wheels as part of their work.
There are a wide range of tools and processes that use abrasive wheels and ensuring these are used correctly and safely is of paramount importance. Applications range from, for example: hand grinding to disc cutting. They can be used at all stages of a work process, for making preliminary cuts and scores in materials, or for fine polishing and finishing. Different wheels will have different properties and characteristics suitable for particular tasks. They also have different weaknesses and can pose different risks and hazards in handling and use. For this reason, it’s important that you always select the right abrasive wheel for the job and use it with the right machinery.
This course covers the anatomy of an abrasive wheel, the dangers associated with their use, Storage and handling and much more.
Course syllabus includes:
- Introducing Abrasive Wheels
- The Anatomy of an Abrasive Wheel
- The Dangers of Abrasive Wheels
- Abrasive Wheel Safety
- Safe Speeds
- Other Wheel Markings
- Storage and Handling
- Checking and Testing
- Training and Certification
Abrasive Wheels Awareness E-Learning Certificate:
- PDF format certificates are issued as standard, as soon as you complete the course.
- Your certificate is valid for 3 years.
- This awareness course will take the average learner around 2 hours to complete.
- This course is tested online & you’ll need to gain a minimum of 70% to pass.
- You will undertake a multiple choice exam at the end of the course with short tests throughout to help cement your learning.
Abrasive Wheels Awareness E-Learning Pre-requisites:
- We recommend that you have a reasonable understanding of English & maths (e.g. GCSE grade C/Level 2) before undertaking this course.
- Purchase a place for yourself, or purchase a bundle for your colleagues.
- The qualification is available to candidates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice, protocols & guidance.
- This course can be run on any electronic device, but we recommend that a laptop/desktop is used to ensure that you can see the screen clearly.
Abrasive Wheels Awareness E-Learning Joining instructions:
- Shortly after you purchase your place on the course, we will email you your login details for the course.
- Visit this page to read the course joining instructions including everything you need to know about our e-learning courses.